Personalized nutrition a look at the regulation
From May 26 this year, the personalized nutrition space has been enriched with a new piece of legislation: the Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices (hereinafter: “MDR”). The MDR is, generally speaking, applicable to all personalized nutrition (software) products, including apps and algorithms, with a medical intended purpose. Since most personal nutrition services that are currently on the market are lifestyle-related, they will not be affected by the MDR. This article written in collaboration with Jasmin Buijs aims to provide an introduction to the new rules on personalized nutrition as a medical device.
This data brief explores current developments in the personalized nutrition industry relating to medical devices:
- What is the MDR and why should you care?
- Why companies should care about the new MDR?
- Recent developments
- The proposals discussed in the panel
- When does the MDR apply to personalized nutrition software?
- Way to market of personal nutrition software
- Current market examples
- Trendy devices that are making their way into PN
- What should companies do next?
To access the full data brief, contact us about our subscription packages: